Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hi Everyone!!

It's nice to meet you all! I'm really excited about answering all of your questions and I see that you all have been very busy preparing various subjects. As you may know already, I am living in Jakarta, Indonesia as an expat (that's short for expatriate), that just means that I'm living in a different country than my legal residence which is in the U.S. Indonesia is a part of Asia and there are many expats living here as well as other countries all across the world. It is very exciting to be a part of another culture and learn how other people live. We are both very blessed to have this opportunity in our lives.

Before coming to Jakarta, we lived in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for 2 years. Malaysia is a beautiful, tropical country offering different cultures and I will miss it very much but fortunately it's close enough to Jakarta so that I may be able to visit again to see my friends I made there. Even though Malaysia is close by (maybe an hour plane ride away), and I've only been in Jakarta a month so far, the differences between the two countries are dramatic. Jakarta is the capitol of Indonesia and Kuala Lumpur is the capital of Malaysia but just walking around both cities you can easily spot the differences without ever reading anything about the two. By living in KL and by participating in the World Cultures blog I was able to learn a lot about Malaysia and even though I've been in Jakarta only a short while, I look forward to helping you and myself in learning about my new home.

So I see there are several questions already posted so I'd better get to work! After I answer questions and you find you have more questons about the subject, feel free to post them, that way we can both have a better understanding. It's like the class will be helping me get adjusted to my new life. I'll also work on getting some photos posted as well. So...let's get started!!

Miss Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment